Planning and Zoning Department
See below for the latest news in the Planning and Zoning Department...
JULY 2021: In-Person Board Meetings Resume
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ohio General Assembly passed Substitute House Bill 404, which approved municipalities the ability to hold virtual public meetings. The bill is set to expire on July 1, 2021 and requires municipalities to resume live in-person meetings.
Effective July 2, 2021 the Village will resume in-person meetings for all board meetings and they will take place in the Administration Building (Town Hall).
At-a-glance view of upcoming Planning Commission meetings (click here for the full schedule):
- July 13, 2021
- August 10, 2021
- August 24, 2021
At- a-glance view of upcoming Board of Zoning Appeals meetings (click here for the full schedule):
- July 28, 2021
- August 25, 2021
- September 22, 2021
May 11, 2021 Planning Commission Informal Hearing Meeting - At the May 11th meeting, the Planning Commission discussed and recommended approval of Council Ordinance 39-2021. A summary of the Planning Commission case and the related Council Ordinance is noted below:
Planning Commission Case No. 28-2021 (Council Ordinance 39-2021) Referral of Ordinance 39-2021 to the Planning Commission from the April 14, 2021 Council meeting. Ordinance 39-2021 relates to assignment of a zoning district to be applied to the approximate 118 acres of land proposed to be annexed from Richfield Township to the Village. The annexation petition involving this matter was received by the Village on April 8, 2021.
May 10, 2021 Summit County Council Meeting - Summit County Council conducted a Briarwood Public Hearing on May 10, 2021. Click here to for a copy of the meeting minutes.
Notification Sent 4/30/21: Planning Commission - Informal Hearing Informational Meeting for Case No. 28-2021 is scheduled for Tuesday, May 11 at 7PM (via zoom). The Planning Commission will consider Ordinance No. 39-2021 referred from the 4/14/21 council meeting.
Notification Sent 4/21/21: Village Council - a public hearing has been scheduled for discussion of Ordinance No. 39-2021 on Tuesday, May 18 at 6:30 PM (via zoom).
April 13, 2021 Informal Hearing Informational Meeting - CANCELLED - Please note the previously scheduled informal hearing informational meeting for Case No. 17-2021 was cancelled (due to improper filing of the second petition for annexation application by the applicant). A new date for the informal hearing informational meeting will be announced at a later date.
April 12, 2021 Summit County Council Meeting - a date was set to conduct a Public Hearing on Monday, May 10 at 4:30 PM to consider the annexation of 118.7873 acres of land in Richfield Township to the Village of Richfield. Click here to view the Summit County Council agenda page.
March 30, 2021 Planning Commission Meeting - Briarwood Estates was on the agenda as follows:
- Case No. 16-2021: Referral of Resolution 26-2021 to Planning Commission from the 3/16/21 Council Meeting. This mandatory referral pursuant to Section 9.06 of the Village Charter relates to an annexation request of approximately 118 acres of land from Richfield Township.
- Case 17-2021: Ordinance 30-2021 referred from the 3/16/21 Council Meeting pursuant to Section 9.06 of the Charter and Section 1115.05 of the Planning and Zoning Code. Village Council is requesting Planning Commission’s report and recommendation of the Zoning District to be applied to the approximate 118 acres of land proposed to be annexed from Richfield Township.
- Case 12-2021: The applicant is requesting preliminary plan approval to create 130 sublots on approximately 126 acres currently located in Richfield Township but subject of a filed annexation to the Village.
- Case 13-2021: The applicant is requesting preliminary development plan approval for a proposed 130 single-family home subdivision on approximately 126 acres currently located in Richfield Township but subject of a filed annexation to the Village.
CLICK HERE to view a copy of the 3/30/21 presentation by Pulte Homes.
April 15, 2020 Council Work Session Meeting - Briarwood was on the agenda as follows:
- Overview and update of Briarwood, water and sewer systems.
CLICK HERE to view a copy of the 4/15/20 presentation by Brian Frantz.
Cleveland Water - Waterline Extension Project
November 18, 2020 Council Special Meeting - all properties that would benefit from the waterline extension project were invited to attend this virtual meeting. The presentation provided information about the project schedule, approximate connection costs and the incentives associated with connecting early, and the application process to connect. A copy of the presentation provided by Cleveland Water Department and Brian Frantz can be viewed HERE.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the Residential Connection application.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the Commercial Connection application.
* Note: the application process is handled through Cleveland Water and application questions should be directed to:
Cleveland Water @ (216)664-2444, ext. 74632 or email email@example.com